I love beetroot, and I use it often - from burgers ,to juices, to cakes! With loads of baby beets at the farmers market last week I couldn't resist making a tasty salad. With the added benefits of being a blood cleanser and full of vitamins and minerals, it makes it an easy one to add to the menu.
- 500g - 1 kg whole baby beetroot
- 2 tablespoons Dill
- 3 cups washed baby spinach
- 1 small handful walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Trim and rinse each beetroot and then wrap individually in alfoil
- Bake in the oven for 40-60 mins until the beetroot are soft
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Leave the beetroot in the foil as this helps the skin to loosen.
- Once cooled rub the skin off the beetroot and rinse, cube up to bit size chunks.
- In a large bowl gently toss the beetroot chunks through the creme fraiche, lemon, dill, and chives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and add the tossed beetroot on top.
- Garnish with extra dill and the walnuts.