I have a bit of an obsession with hommus, but I think I may have found a new favourite! Inspired by my friend Nelly, this black bean and tahini dip is a definite winner for an easy and healthy snack. Packed with protein, folate, fibre and molybdenum - which is a trace mineral important for balancing copper levels in the body.
- 1 x 400g can of organic blackbeans (look for a BPA free can - these ones are Global Organics from Go Vita Bunbury)
- 2 x tablespoons tahini (I used Mayvers hulled tahini)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pepper to taste
- Sprinkled with paprika.
- Rinse the beans under cold water to remove any excess sauce
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth
- Sprinkle with paprika and chopped chives to serve.
- Will store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 days.
You can mix it up by adding in parsley or red capsicum.