Sundays are a day of rest - or for me, a great day to Procrastibake! I know there is always mountains of washing, but I make my excuses and say that "I'm cooking for the kids lunch box next week."
Honestly - I just like to have something fresh out of the oven to enjoy on a Sunday afternoon! This weekend I also added the delicious Hazelnut Chocolate Butter from Loving Earth to the cake. Definitely a decadent treat - but still healthy.
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 ripe bananas plus one for the top
- 8 medjool dates (or couple more if you like it a little sweeter)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C fan forced oven
- Blend together the dates, 2 bananas, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger.
- Add into the bowl the baking powder, yoghurt, eggs and mix together
- Add in the spelt flour and mix together until combined
- Pour mix into a baking paper lined tin and lay a halved banana on top of the mix
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. (If you find the top is cooking faster than the centre cover with foil for the last 20 minutes)
Once cooled slice up and enjoy!