Making treats is one of my favourite pastimes. I have to say, I relax in the kitchen and enjoy creating. When I have to cook - it's not so much fun!
These little treats were made from left over chia jam, and I adore peanut butter, perfect combination. You can use almond or another of your favourite nut butters if peanuts aren't your thing. These are a lot lower in sugar than a traditional peanut butter and jelly combination, and almost 'good' for you!
- 100g Cacao butter
- 30g Maple Syrup
- 35g Raw cacao
Peanut Butter Layer
- 150g peanut butter (or other nut butter) - Aim for one without the added salt and sugar. Mayvers ,or one ground at the health food store are a great option.
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
Raspberry and Strawberry Chia Jam - see other post
- Start with the chocolate layer. Place all the ingredients in a small pan and warm slowly until all the cacao butter is melted, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon a layer into the bottom of your chocolate moulds. Place into the fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes until set.
- Blend the peanut butter, dates and vanilla powder in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Press the peanut and date paste into each of the chocolate moulds.
- Add a spoon full of the raspberry & strawberry chia jam into the moulds, make sure you leave enough room to spoon a layer of the chocolate over the top.
- Place in the freezer until set.
- Store in the freezer to keep their shape, but give them about 10 minutes out on the bench to defrost before munching!