I love having treats in the fridge, and when they are healthy there's a lot less guilt! These balls are blend of yummy nuts and matcha green tea. Have you tried Matcha Green Tea?
Matcha Green Tea has been consumed in Asia for centuries, and is the tea used in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Matcha is a high quality green tea leaf powdered - so you are droning the actual leaf rather than steeping the leaves.
The real buzz around Matcha is the health benefits. As it's the whole leaf you are consuming there are high levels of antioxidant catechins epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which have been shown to assist in fighting cancers and heart disease. The antioxidants in Matcha may also be beneficial in managing blood glucose and cholesterol. It also contains the amino acid Theanine, which has a calming effect on the brain - perfect for the tea ceremony, or meditating. Along with vitamin A, B-complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K and trace minerals. It's a great addition to the cache of super foods!
Be aware, that Matcha Green Tea does contain caffeine. If you are sensitive then stick to having it in the morning.
INGREDIENTS (makes 8-10 balls)
- 1/4 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cashew
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 to 1 tsp matcha green tea powder (I love Matcha Maiden)
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest (you can add less if you don't want them too lemony)
- 1 tbs bee pollen (for rolling the balls)
- 2 tbs hemp seed hearts (for rolling the balls)
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Roll balls into desired size and roll in with either bee pollen or hemp seed hearts.