I love a treat (as you might have guessed!) but sometimes I feel like something that isn’t over the top in chocolate. I saw an idea for grain free, dairy free blondies using chickpeas, but I didn’t have any in the cupboard so I swapped for cannellini beans.
These little gems are soft, fudgy and packed with protein and fiber, making them perfect for that afternoon slump or breakfast on the run!
- 400g Cannellini Beans (soaked and cooked, or 1 tin washed)
- ¼ cup organic rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter (you can use other nut butters but I love peanuts)
- ¼ hulled tahini - I used Mayvers
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 100g chopped chocolate – I used Loving Earth Coconut Mylk Chocolate
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate into a blender.
- Blend on high till the mixture is smooth
- Stir through the chocolate chips
- Scrape into a lined small tin (it can be very sticky)
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Remove from oven when firm on top
- Allow to cool completely before chopping up