2015 is nearly done and it’s the perfect time for a little reflection, and a bit of planning.
Every year I make grand statements like, "This year I will exercise everyday" - fail! some days it just doesn't happen, and I'm ok with it. "This year I will not eat processed food" - fail! I'm a realist when it comes to food and no one is perfect. "This year I will lose weight and feel fabulous" - only part fail. I may not be slimmer but I have definitely felt fabulous, which has nothing to do with my weight.
2016 is a big year for me - I finally leave my 30's (in a blur of nappies and sleepless nights) and welcome in my 40's. It sounds so old, but the truth is I don't feel any different to when I was in my 20's. Maybe I can't party like I did back then, and staying up past 9pm is a challenge these days, but I still believe there is so much more to do.
So, what will my 2016 ‘resolutions’ – which are better referred to as ‘intentions’, look like?
In 2016 I intend to…
- Take the time every day to write down 3 things I am grateful for. It can be at the start or at the end of the day but a little positive any time of the day can only be beneficial
- Quit trying to please everyone. I love making people happy and will always try to do this. But sometimes I need to accept that I can’t make everyone happy, and be ok with it.
- Talk nicely to myself – this sounds a little out there, but if you can’t speak to yourself nicely, then you’ll find the negativity drags you down. I want to make this year – self love with no guilt!
- Write more on my blog – 2015 started off so well and I lost the way. When things got busy something had to give and it was this space. I do enjoy writing and I want to get back into doing things I enjoy.
- Learn more about photography. Starting up my Instagram page and food photography has been fun. Everyone needs a hobby – I just get to create and eat along the way!
- Try out some new styles of exercise. This year I discovered kettle bells, bootcamp and suspension and I loved it! I still enjoy yoga, walking and running but I need a bit of variety, and these were great fun.
There are so many more things I can add to my list, but I believe this only creates pressure. I'm keeping it simple!
2016 is going to be fun, I have so many ideas and grand plans to get started. I can't wait to see what it all holds.
What are your intentions for 2016?