I adore nuts and seeds, but sometimes they need a little spicing up. For a treat today I roasted up a batch in the oven with a mix of my favourite spices. It's super easy and you can change it up if you want a different flavour.
- 2 cups mixed nuts and seeds (I used cashew, walnut, almond, hazelnut, macadamia, sunflower seeds and pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until the nuts are totally coated.
- Spread them out onto a lined oven tray
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, stirring every 4-5minutes to ensure the nuts don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating (no one likes a burnt tongue!)
This is my usual mix, but feel free to try a few different blends. Chopped up kafir lime leaves for a more thai style, flaked chilli to spice it up or even a curry spice blend.
I use my nuts to top salads and roasted vegetables.... and I love eating them warm from the pan too!