There are always so many leftovers this time of year, and if you are anything like me, I hate waste - plus I feel like I have eaten my body weight in Christmas cake. So rather than sinking to the bottom of the pool, lighten the load and use up some of the post-holiday leftovers with a refreshing salad.
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 cup shredded turkey (or chicken if this is what you had)
- 1 cup green grapes
- ½ cup roasted and sliced red capsicum
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts (you can caramelize them with rice malt syrup if you want a more decadent salad. Simply add the crushed walnuts to a hot pan and drizzle over 1 tbs of rice malt syrup until sticky. Remove from the heat and leave to cool to go crunchy)
DRESSING – This simple mayonnaise was inspired by Naughty Naturopath Mum
- 3 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 150ml macadamia nut oil
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Herbamare
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp horseradish cream (I like it spicy!)
Add the yolks and vinegar into a bowl and mix on high for 10 seconds. Reduce mixer to medium (4 on the Thermomix) speed and slowly add the oil to the bowl while mixing, this should take about 4 minutes. Add in Herbamare, mustards and lemon and mix till completely combined.
The mayonnaise will last for 5 days in the fridge in a sealed jar.
Layer up the salad and drizzle dressing over the top, finish with the walnuts and some black sesame seeds.