This is a favourite salad that we always have on the Christmas table, so easy to make with fresh seasonal ingredients.
- 15 large raw prawns shelled and cleaned
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil or coconut oil to cook the prawns
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 2 cups rocket washed
- 2 cups English spinach leaves washed
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 large mango diced
- Small handful parsley chopped
- ¼ red chili finely chopped
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil (or macadamia nut oil)
- 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp raw unprocessed honey (or rice malt syrup)
- 1 tbs seeded mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil on fry pan, add crushed garlic and cook till translucent
- Add prawns to pan and sprinkle over the paprika, cook 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Adjust honey and seasoning to taste. This dressing makes quite a lot so only put on as much as you need. The left dressing will last for 4-5 days in the fridge.
- Place rocket, spinach, mango and avocado on a large plate. Add prawns to salad plate whilst still warm.
- To serve sprinkle over chopped chili, parsley, sesame seeds and drizzle over the dressing.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!