All kids love to challenge their parents with what they are given to eat. Mine are no different and would happily choose a bucket of hot chips over a pile of carrots! I did however have a win the other night when they both sat down and polished off a huge plate of Kale Chips!These are one of my favourite quick and easy snacks, and they are so good for you.
- 1 bunch kale washed and stripped from the stalk
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Tear the kale leaves into bite size pieces
- Line tray with baking paper
- Spread out the leaves evenly on tray
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle nutritional yeast and salt
- Lightly massage the kale and make sure all leaves are covered
- Place tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes, check to make sure they aren't burning
- Take out and enjoy still warm or let them cool and store for a 1-2 days in and air tight container.
Ours never last longer than 15 minutes!
Options - you can just use salt if you don't have the nutritional yeast, and swap to coconut oil instead. Add chili or some lime squeezed on before cooking. Options are endless, Yum!