I love fresh homemade Almond Milk.
It tastes so much better than the shop bought kind, although in a pinch I will use it. My preferred brand is PureHarvest . They have less sugar than other brands and use activated almonds (just like soaking your own!)
Luckily making almond milk is easy!
- 1 cup organic almonds soaked overnight in lightly salted water. This activates the nuts to reduce the phytates which can inhibit the absorption of nutrients.
- 1 litre of filtered water
- 1-2 pitted Medjool dates (I only use 1 as I don’t like it too sweet) 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- Rinse the soaked almonds
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Once blended pour into a nut milk bag in batches and squeeze into a large pouring jug.
- Then pour into a clean 1 litre bottle and store in the fridge. Enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Reserve the left over almond pulp as it is a great addition to cakes, muffins or sweet biscuits for after school treats!