Naturopathy is a holistic system of healing, born of the fundamental belief that the body has everything it needs to heal itself given the opportunity. Using the combination of health sciences with natural therapies and traditional medicines we review the client and individualise prescriptions. These may include, herbal medicine, nutritional medicine, food therapy, flower essences, lifestyle changes and exercise advice. Whilst clients will be given treatment for their current health complaint, finding the cause of imbalances is central to the long-term success of naturopathic treatment. Often there are many layers to this that need to be worked through on a biological, physical, nutritional and emotional level. Time is taken to listen and understand each person's story, and to create an individualised treatment plan.
You don't need to be 'unwell' or suffering from a particular condition to benefit from Naturopathy. Various treatments are used to restore balance, and to promote vitality and wellbeing.
Ultimately, the goal is to inspire and equip the client with the knowledge and skill to maintain their own health.
Conditions that Naturopathy may assist with include:
- Digestive disorders - IBS, bloating, pain, candida/thrush, irregular bowel motions, gas, reflux;
- Hormonal Issues - Thyroid health, adrenal fatigue;
- Women's Health - irregular cycles, PMS, painful periods, PCOS, vaginal infections, fibroids, endometriosis, menopausal symptoms;
- Fertility support - natural fertility management, preconception health care, healthy sperm production;
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding - nutritional requirements and dietary advice, morning sickness, leg cramps, reflux;
- Children's Health - recurrent colds and infections, food allergies and intolerance, eczema/dermatitis, digestive issues, fussy eating, sleeping issues, teething, stress;
- Stress, anxiety, adrenal fatigue - low mood and mood swings, sleep issues, fatigue;
- Allergies, hayfever, sinusitis;
- Skin problems - eczema, psoriasis, acne;
- Detoxification - internal cleansing;
- Low immunity- colds & flu, respiratory illness, asthma; and
This list is by no means exhaustive, so please contact me if you have a specific issue.
There are a number of tests available in clinic:
- Zinc Testing
- VLA Body Scan
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Salivary Hormone testing *
- Salivary Adrenal testing *
- Hair Mineral Analysis*
* these tests incur an additional cost